Sunday, January 23, 2011

MakeSomething365 - Day16: Peaceful Day, Peaceful Painting

It's nice when we can sleep in and lay around during the day.

Honestly, we've been so busy - so, when we get a moment to finally rest, it's hard for me to want to do any housework. I love the comfort of my fluffy and cozy bed! However, I still did a bit of tidying around the house and also did some dishes today. (Hooray!)

After speaking with my friend, Rachel today, I realized that I've been putting off painting for TOO LONG!

So! I pulled out all of my paints, my floor paper, my 6 in.x6 in. canvas squares, and my easel. I found my amazing metallic paints (because you all know how much I adore sparkly things!) and I got to work!

But, I hate painting over a pretty painted background because backgrounds are what I'm good at. I love mixing colors. But, foregrounds are something I totally suck at.

So, I chose a different medium: My first solo mixed media piece! I am IN LOVE with it and I would like to continue making more of these. AND, I already have some other ideas and another painted background waiting for a mixed foreground piece.

I hope everyone enjoys my new art :)






Peaceful days CAN include doing dishes. Who knew? But, I've found it to be true. ;)


1 comment:

  1. Backgrounds are my best too, though I've taken to not caring and drawing my own little owls. I need to get back to painting, but the last few days I have just been so busy with different stuff, a UNLV game and tomorrow a doctor's appointment. Hopefully I'll get some painting done soon.

    ReplyDelete