Friday, January 21, 2011

MakeSomething365 - Day14: Brighten Someone's Day

People are so beautiful.

Sometimes they hurt. There are really no words we can say to make anything better.

…But it's ALWAYS worth trying.

After work today, I had a lady-friend date with Rachel M., Hope, Brittany C. and Baby Norah. We went to Al's Pizza and Starbucks.

Even though we don't see each other often, I really am grateful for these beautiful friends. They brighten my days for sure. :)

They inspire me to be who I am and to keep going. When someone talks to me about my blog, I get a little rush of excitement knowing that the impact that people are making on me is continuing on and "paying it forward".

As I type, Chad and I are driving down South AGAIN for the weekend (Chad's brother's birthday is this weekend). We have all of the dogs packed up and the cat tried to play hide and seek with us OUTSIDE when we were trying to pack the car and leave. It was very inconvenient and took FOREVER to get him back inside.

Today, I just took a little time out of my day to make a little picture for someone.

I'm not the best at drawing or anything. But, I still like to do it and to color. I'm happy to keep the child within me. I just told my dad the other day that I truly never want to grow up in my heart. I don't want to be immature; I just want to be one who enjoys the simpler, but still fun things in life that other people might not find to be great enough to give them joy.

Baby Norah reminded me of this during dinner. She became truly joyous when something new was put in front of her. It could have been a napkin or a colorful packet of sugar… she didn't care. Finding joy in the simple things… it's easier to be happy overall that way. And I like it. :)





The smallest gesture can be the one thing needed to greatly brighten someone's day.



1 comment:

  1. I had such a lovely time visiting with you, I hope it happens again very soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete