Sunday, January 9, 2011

MakeSomething365 - Day 2: Knit Your Own Ninja

So, I had this whole fantastical plan of punch needling with a fun explanation of why I was choosing to do it. Long story short: I officially hate punch needle and don't know if I'll ever choose to try it again later.

So, needless to say, it didn't work out. If you wanna make God laugh, tell Him your plans, right?
He had other things in store for me tonight instead.

We broke out the gift I got for Chad. I've been "WISHING" that he would start working on it soon.

We read the directions together, watched knitting videos together, and totally learned how to knit tonight! I made the yarn ball for Chad while he looked up knitting videos. :)

It was great learning that with Chad. No, we didn't finish the knitting the ninja yet. But, it will be done soon enough. And, I get to create the rules here, so, it's the act of creating SOMETHING. Not completing. But, creating.

The best part was just working together on something we both didn't understand and then learning how to make it happen and helping each other out along the way.

I didn't take pictures of our more filled cast-off. But, trust me, we did more than two loops. :)





The great ninja - knitting a ninja. :)


P.S. Chad just said that I STILL have glitter on me from yesterday's project. Haha! Awesome. :D

2 comments:

  1. I'm super glad you are doing this, Georgia. I saw the Etsy post about the 365 Creativity Journal and thought oh how I'd love to.. but then was filled with self-doubt about how I could possibly commit to making something daily for a solid year. However, you have inspired me to reconsider. Thanks for that, sweet Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun, however the only I have ever knitted was a scarf, it didn't turn out too bad, but I'm not sure I'll ever do it again. Can't wait to see the completed ninja. I think even if you just start the creation, that we (your blog readers) should get to see the final product, once you do finish it :) Just an idea. Love this. You are keeping me in check and keeping me going. Together we will get all 365 days done. And learn stuff along the way!

    ReplyDelete