Thursday, January 13, 2011

MakeSomething365 - Day 6: Ahoy! Ahoy! A Mermaid's Tale

I've always enjoyed the tales about sirens and men at sea.

SECRET TIME! - Deep waters give me the creeps, yet also intrigue me. I think they are beautiful and majestic but, after watching The Titanic, I became sooooo scared of the deep ol' blue.

One time, we went swimming with manatees and I was too scared to look under the water. Two swooped underneath me and I was certain I was about to die. After looking down into the water, I found that the only thing below me was BEAUTY and PEACE. Amazing manatees, cute fish, beautiful waters, and, once we got to the springs... beautiful, clear waters.

When I was little, I used to hang out in the tub until I was ridiculously pruney because I would just spend forever in there pretending to be a mermaid. I was small enough to swim around and let the water run down my hair while I would sing. I used to just dream and wish I could be a mermaid. They were so beautiful. Good times... Ohhhh to be five years old again...

Pictures of new mermaid earrings from tonight:





Never be ashamed of being afraid. Be ashamed of never trying to overcome the fear.

1 comment:

  1. It took me a little while to read this because I kept being distracted by all the new SPARKLIES flashing from your etsy widget! :) I definitely have a similar feeling about the ocean. It's amazing and full of wonder, and yet terrifying at the same time. I think it is one of those tiny reflections of our Creator's power and His majesty. It is so huge and awesome to us and yet it's only a glimpse of what He can do... and that guy loves me and you. How neat is that? These are the things I think of when I think about the ocean, and then it feels less scary- but you still won't find me scuba diving any time soon.

    ReplyDelete