Wednesday, January 12, 2011

MakeSomething365 - Day 5: Keep Your Head in the Clouds

Guess what I found in my mass of random craft supplies?!

ShrinkyDinks!

I have found that joy is found in the smaller things in life. Especially with everything going on lately... it's the small things that really add up to something big. So, it was pretty perfect when I came across these.

A lot of people in my lifetime have told me to stop dreaming. To get my head out of the clouds and get back into REALITY. If you're the same kind of soul that I am, I imagine you might feel the same way I do about this kind of talk: Pointless.

Life is too short to NOT keep your head in the clouds. Open minded people are the heart of creativity. We know there is MORE out there than just what's laid out for us.

I keep hearing: BE LOGICAL.
Being "logical" is sending armies and giants out to defeat Goliath.
I am David. I am illogical.
And I hope to stay that way forever. Because, otherwise, I will fail.
And, I refuse to fail. (Anyone have an ancient-times slingshot available??)

Before I post the pictures from my fun crafting time tonight. I just want to take a few moments to list some small things in life that end up meaning a lot (to me, at least):

A hug
A colored picture or cute note from a friend
Winks
A passport
Your favorite $5 bin movie
A cup 'o tea! (Mint tea, to be exact!)
Something handmade
Colors
A bright sky
Stretching
High fives
Warm water running on your toes
Claps and snaps in appreciation of YOU
A good yawn
A good BOOK
Hot chocolate
Glitter
A smile from a friend
When someone says, "I'm PROUD of you!"
A heartbeat


Welcome to life, friends. It's the small things that make up who we are and how we enjoy daily life. EMBRACE IT.

Onward to fun pictures!


I cleaned up my mess afterwards! So proud of myself!
 Colored pencils are fantastical!
 First batch and semi-test run of ShrinkyDinks...
 "If you frown I'll break your teeth out"
 "Keep your head in the clouds"
 Colorful tree.
 "Inspire", Pencil, and colorful flower
 A second look...


Make time for the small things.

3 comments:

  1. What are you going to do with them? I made some cupcake earrings using Shrinky Dinks, and loved them. I wish I had a picture of them....but I don't. Shrinky Dinks are definitely so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I read your blogs or talk to you I feel like I'm receiving one of those big things disguised as little things that you spoke of. In all the years I've known you, I can't remember one single time when you've been anything but an optimist, an encourager, and a dreamer. I freaking LOVE that! You are a ray of sunshine in my life, I realize that this is gushy, but every word is true. I cherish your friendship, even though we don't see each other or talk as often as I'd like. When we do, it makes my day :) Thanks for ignoring those naysayers and keeping your head in the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found them!! http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30846640&l=0872d6a313&id=29802590

    ReplyDelete