Sunday, January 16, 2011

MakeSomething365 - Day 9: Blossoming Life

Tonight we hung out with our friends, Andy and Kara. We talked for a while at our place and then went off for some sushi. Afterwards, we went to the grocery store to stock up on some essentials.

Now, some may say that flowers aren't essential. However, I would disagree.

When we lived down south, we bought flowers every time we went to the grocery store or Chad would pick some and bring them to me. The last time we bought flowers before tonight was when we first moved here in July.
I was looking at the pictures of those July flowers just today. They were lovely. I always take pictures of flowers that I have.

They truly bring me joy.

So, tonight, I bought two colors of flowers that I thought were bright and lovely and I created an arrangement. The yellow flowers reminded me of sunshine. They were hidden below everything else. So were these pink ones. And I'm a sucker for rescuing something that looks like it could end up lost forever. So, these two sets were definitely the ones for me!

My step-grandmother used to work in a flower shop. I LOVED visiting her there. And, from seeing everything they did there, I can easily say that flower arranging is definitely an art.

Now, I didn't do much of anything too fancy this time. But, I did arrange them in a simple, yet delightful way. They really bring a certain extra life and loveliness to the room.

...Flowers for the first time in six months. I am disappointed in us. But, happy that I realized where we were missing out on something so small that, ultimately, really brings us joy.

I inspire you to go buy some flowers. If you don't want to spend the money, then pick some flowers. Ask a neighbor, grow some yourself, or pick some wildflowers from a nearby park or something.

Bring LIFE back into your living space. :)




You can blossom brighter than any flower.
It's because you're truly BEAUTIFUL.

2 comments:

  1. yes! You know one the things I am striving to get better at is cleaning and organizing.. things that do not come naturally to me. I decided recently to reward myself for keeping things tidy with fresh flowers. Because fresh flowers make me smile, and because they just don't have the same pizazz when surrounded by clutter and mess, so they motivate me to keep things clean.

    ReplyDelete