Wednesday, February 9, 2011

MakeSomething365 - Day33: Learning About Myself

While reading through the 365 Daily Journal, it repeatedly talked about learning more about yourself while doing your project and seeing how you've grown.

It's been over a month now since I started the project and I am realizing that they are right! It is so true that I'm learning so much just within my own life and I'm growing so much.

So, tonight, I'm MAKING a blog about how I have grown and learned since starting this project.

This project hasn't just changed MY life, but others that I know as well. It's gotten my friends into doing this. I really love that. It's inspiration just with action for yourself and that really means a lot to me.

I've also tried to find other things to create and I've liked trying new crafts along the way so far.
I feel like I've learned from my own imagination how to do different things with my jewelry... just because I challenged myself to stretch a few limits within my own style specifically because of this project!

I have found more passion where I already knew my passion was. But, I didn't realize how big my passion was for crafting until I started getting more serious about and more "crafty-friends" have come out of the woodwork and have inspired me along the way.

It's really nice to know people who share your interests because it's nice to be able to craft together and share ideas!

Honestly, I've known a few crafters in my lifetime who refuse to share their ideas and how they did things. But, where's the fun in that?

Yeah, if someone can make what YOU make, then they won't buy it from you. But, to me, INSPIRING SOMEONE is more important than a few dollars. And, who knows? It might even change their lives entirely for the better!

I feel like I'm a pretty open-minded person to begin with. But, I am constantly teaching myself to stop keeping things in a certain order and just make them more original! Add more color to that painting! Take away that extra few links of chain! Use colored chain! Try to draw something even though you're bad at drawing! Put some glitter on those feathers! Wire wrapping? Sure!

It's all part of a fantastic growing process that this whole project has truly helped inspired me to do.

I realize that this blog was, mainly, an explosion of thoughts. But, sometimes that's what life is all about: beautiful chaos. hah :)

Since I didn't make anything other than this blog tonight, I'll leave you with a picture from a yellow day. Then, later in the day, I accidentally got mustard on me. Yellow was just trying to drench me that day! I'm just glad I didn't get peed on by anyone or anything crazy...




It's okay to be chaotic... in a lovely way. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment