Wednesday, February 2, 2011

MakeSomething365 - Day26: Sometimes HAPPY doesn't mean GOOD/RIGHT.

Today, I was really thinking about happiness and what it means to be happy in the Lord.

Then, something that I've thought about before came back into my head and really got me thinking harder.

Just because something happens in your favor (I.E. "We got the house!", "I won the lottery!", "My boyfriend said he loves me!", "I'm moving away because it's convenient and seems like a cool idea!", "I'm gonna buy this item because it's exactly what I'm wanting but it will make me not be able to pay for a necessity... but, who cares?!") doesn't mean it's a positive in the eyes of God.

I've thought -many times- that certain "good things" that happened to me, weren't such good ideas in hind sight. I mean, even if nothing BAD happened afterwards; doing, getting, or enjoying any certain "good thing" at the time might have actually prevented me from doing something EVEN BETTER with my life because I was so focused on what I wanted as opposed to what was best for my life and/or other lives overall.

I know all of that might have been confusing. But, I just wanted to share that from my mind because it's been heavy on my mind lately. So many people that I love are experiencing things that are making them very happy. But, these things seem like things that are copping out of more important things in life or these things are blinding them from better things. Maybe I'm wrong. I mean, I don't know what's best for others. Heck, I barely know what's best for myself these days. But, I just wanted to put forth my thoughts tonight to get other people thinking.

Don't let good things blind you from something EVEN BETTER that is out there.

I made a pretty birdcage necklace. Something about the cage being empty actually makes me happy. To me, it says there's beauty in an empty cage. It says "FREEDOM".



 I HATE using the flash on my camera for my jewelry pieces, but, it was essential for being able to see the true color of the purple chain.



Free yourself from what's holding you down in life. Open your eyes to TRUTH and LIVE.

2 comments:

  1. I have similar thoughts on the matter. Many times people believe that if what happens is what they want to happen, it must be what God wants to happen. Of course, God wants you to have joy. But I believe the joy He desires you to have is deeper and doesn't depend on circumstances, events, or things. I have to remember this from time to time, I have made poor choices in the past because I wanted instant gratification. I was just talking to my Good Morning Girls (basically an email bible study/accountability group) yesterday about Abraham and Sarah and the promise of their son. Abraham KNEW God wanted him to have a son, so when Sarah didn't get pregnant in what he thought was an acceptable time, he decided to take matters into his own hands. God still fulfilled His promise through Sarah, but I wonder, had Abraham not conceived with other women, if Isaac would have been born sooner, or if it would have changed their journey in a significant way. I think making choices without considering the bigger picture can give you less than optimal results. Maybe the alternate choice would require more patience, more work, more selflessness. But maybe those things are what you need, and maybe that choice will lead to a more deeply satisfied soul. Just some thoughts, sorry this comment is blog-ish. I love you, and your pretty bird-less necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is EXACTLY what I meant. Only in even better words. Thank you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete