Friday, February 4, 2011

MakeSomething365 - Day28: Painting for Peace

It's important to know that *I* know there are better days ahead. God is great. I have so much to complain about but really so much more to be thankful for.

It's easy to get lost in the moment of hurt and let it turn into anger. And I am so hurt these days.

It's also easy to forget about the bad while getting lost in a joyous moment. It's those moments I look forward to. And Chad has been so wonderful during these hard times. It's hard to stay angry for too long when he's got inspiring words for me every step of the way. See? There's another thing to be grateful for.

Tonight I painted. No tv, no music, no cell phone. Just me and my paint supplies. I painted until I forgot why I was angry. And then I remembered but I wasn't angry anymore. It's still hurts. But the anger has subsided and that's what's so important.

I didn't finish the painting. But, I accomplished much more than I thought I would. I saved the paint water in a tiny Martinelli's bottle that I bought because I knew I would need it for something one day... besides just the delicious apple juice that it held, of course.

I also got a few new findings and more chain because I was running extremely low. I put it all away. I may or may not make something tonight after I put the computer away.

I pray that you are having a good day. If not, I pray that you find the things to be grateful for in your life. And I pray that you find something that brings you peace during this time.





I'm glad that God sees us through and gives us continuous and unconditional love. We are so undeserving. But, we are never alone. It's wonderful to know.

2 comments:

  1. I love it. It is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That paint water is magical and now i HAVE to get some metallic paint. It's necessary. I definitely know what you mean about getting lost in a joyous moment and forgetting the bad. Painting takes me out of whatever unpleasant or stressful situation and transports me to a calmer, happier place. Just like you said, even once I get "back to reality" I am not as angry, or stressed, or sad anymore.

    ReplyDelete